Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of growing with The Bucket Company systems/containers?
- Universal growing systems that can be used with both Drain to Waste and Hydroponic (recirculating) growing applications. Now you can choose how you want to grow without having to change your equipment!
- Tired of bending over to maintenance plants? Cold floors during the winter? No worries as our growing containers can be elevated off your garden floor with (optional) PVC legs (included in your growing system).
- Low ceilings? No need to worry as these (optional) PVC legs can be cut shorter in height as long you have enough clearance to assemble your PVC or Barb Drainage fittings.
- Versatile systems that help with aisle and space management. Modular design for maximum flexibility!
What are the round shapes at the bottom of The Bucket Company's growing systems/containers?
- These circular shapes help keep your growing medium and root system elevated off the bottom base of The Bucket Company's growing systems/containers.
- Unlike other systems and containers, we help keep your root system elevated off the base of the container to ensure that all water and nutrient waste/runoff are capable of being drained completely in order to avoid root rot and unwanted pests and bacteria!
- Want your roots exposed to more air circulation? Then make sure to place your growing medium within our Ez-Pz Screen Pots.
- The growing containers have "rounded" corners while our Screen Pots are a perfect square. This gap between the "rounded corner" and the perfect square are what allows air to travel beneath your root system to ensure that all plants are being exposed to fresh oxygen at all times.
- The Ez-Pz Screen Pots are designed for growers who would like the option of being able to access to their root system to each individual plant with ease at any point in time. These Ez-Pz Screen Pots also serve as an air pruning method as once the roots grow through the pot, their lateral branches begin to split and slowly begin to take the shape of the container they are placed in. (For more information, take a look at the Ez-Pz Screen Pot page and see customer photo submissions)!
How many of each size growing system kit (1.2 Gal, 3 Gal, 5 Gal, & 10 Gal) can I place in a 4' x 4' Grow Tent?
- No matter the Gallon size of the container, each one of The Bucket Company's growing system kits are capable of being placed inside a single 4' x 4' Grow Tent. Simply choose your preferred container and setup with NO tools required! #Ez-Pz
Can I use The Bucket Company's growing systems/containers without PVC Legs?
- Yes, of course! Although we do recommend having the systems/containers suspended at least 4 inches off the ground in order to take advantage of our patented sloped drainage design!
What are the dimensions of The Bucket Company's growing systems/containers?
- The dimensions of each product we created can be found under each specific product in the "System Information" tab when browsing through the different items we currently provide to the community. Nonetheless, please see below to find the dimensions of the different size containers:
10 Gallon (37.85 liters): L 19.75" x W 19.75" x H 16.63" (in)
5 Gallon (18.93 liters): L 19.75" x W 19.75" x H 9.79" (in)
3 Gallon (11.36 liters): L 13.86 x W 13.86" x H 9.79" (in)
1.2 Gallon (4.54 liters): L 10.49" x W 10.49" x H 8.69 (in)
Where can I find Instruction Manuals to setup The Bucket Company's growing systems/containers?
- Instruction Manuals can be found under each specific product when browsing through the different sized systems we provide. They're also located under the "More" Tab on the "Downloads" page.
- Feel free to give these Social Media pages a glance as we constantly are updating them with more tutorials video, product information posts, and customer testimonials!
Instagram: @TheBucketCompany @BucketCompany_Support
What's the difference between the White Medical Grade systems/containers and the other colors?
- The Bucket Company's, FDA/EPA Approved, White antimicrobial Medical containers are the only systems/containers in the world made with Medical grade properties that eliminate 99.95% of E-coli, Mold, & Algae from growing on the surface of the container. Helping growers pass local and state inspections with ease!
Do the White Antimicrobial Medical containers harm my beneficial microbes?
- Absolutely not! The Medical Grade properties are infused into the actual plastic and stay out of contact from the central root system with the help of our Ez-Pz Screen Pots!
- Feel free to take a look at our Lab Tests/Results under the "More" Tab on the "Downloads" page.
What's the difference between The Bucket Company's growing containers and Ez-Pz Runoff Trays?
- We realize that some growers rather not "fix what's not broken", with regards to your growing container preferences. So we went ahead and designed the Ez-Pz Runoff Tray's (Sizes: 15.5" and 22" inches) to give you the option of using your own containers while still being able to take advantage of The Bucket Company's versatile designs.
What are the advantages of growing with the Ez-Pz Runoff Trays?
- Connect multiple trays to one main drain site for easier clean-up.
- Works with standard plastic containers and fabric pots from 3 Gallons (11.36 Liters) to 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters).
- Choose your own containers and let our Ez-Pz Runoff Trays take care of your drainage system.
- Capable of being automated with our 1100 GPH Ez-Pz Runoff Pump.
- Allows growers to test EC / PH Levels to each individual plant (via sloped drainage port).
Adjustable Height: includes (optional) 1-1/4" PVC legs to raise off the floor.
- Capable of being cut lower if preferred! Simply use any standard PVC cutter.
(2-in-1): Universal 1/2" Elbow fitting, (included), can be used to assemble with 3/4" Vinyl Hose or any size PVC Slip hard-pipe fitting.
When should I use 3/4" Vinyl Tubing and when should I use PVC hard-pipe?
- The 3/4" Vinyl Tubing is a great way to get the job even if you don't have a "uniform" garden. This flexible tubing can be arranged in any which way you prefer and is an ideal option for growers who have setups that are constantly evolving it's very easy to breakdown and reassemble. No tools required!
- On the other hand, PVC hard-pipe is more common for growers who have uniform rows and specific "feeding zones". This is an ideal assembly for more permanent gardens as once it has been assembled there is no need to breakdown after every harvest. Helping save time when transitioning from one harvest to the next!
- The Bucket Company's growing systems/containers and Ez-Pz Runoff Trays can be assembled with both 3/4" Vinyl Tubing or PVC hard-pipe.